Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tattoos








Alex and Olivia love temporary tattoos. I picked up some Little Mermaid tattoos for Olivia the other day - found them in the dollar area at Target so of course, bargain, had to get them! And of course, she had to put one on ASAP! This made Alex want some too. He found some tattoos of The Incredibles that we had laying around. Olivia couldn't wait to get to school on Friday to show all her friends her Mermaid tattoo. And all her friends ooh'd and aah'd over it! She loved it!! Both of them proudly display their tattoos until only remnants remain after being washed off from swim class or the countless baths. As soon as it's gone, they are back wanting more. It's so funny how a little temporary tattoo can bring them so much joy! But I guess that's the joy of being a child.

So how do explain the joy my husband feels for his tattoo? It's a Celtic cross with Olivia and Alex's name in it. Of course, this one makes him want more. My Grandma once said that when a person gets a tattoo, that's the first sign of craziness! I don't really agree. I've never had the urge to get one myself until recently. My dear friend JJ is getting one on her foot soon. She is getting the awareness ribbon in the colors of childhood stroke. I think it will be awesome and such an awesome way to honor her son. She then inspired me...what about doing something with the awareness ribbons in honor of all those I love? Teal for Ovarian Cancer (my mother-in-law). White for lung cancer (both of my Grandma's). Purple and Blue for Childhood Stroke (for Brendon). I thought maybe putting the ribbons in sort of a flower shape. I just can't figure out what to do so for now, the thought of me getting a tattoo is slowly dwindling. Who know's, maybe one day. For now, I'll just live through my children and feel their joy when they get their temporary tattoos put on!

No comments:

Post a Comment