Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is my Dad's Birthday! My Dad is my hero! My first love! My Daddy! Even at 35 years old, this man still has my heart! I truly enjoy his company. We love to laugh and share inside jokes. I still worry about what he thinks. His opinion still matters. He can read me like a book. I can't lie to him because he can tell just by looking at me whether I am telling the truth. I hope I make him proud.

Every little girl loves their daddy. Some days I miss being that little girl. I miss those evenings when he would come home from work and we would go swimming before dinner. I miss being able to jump in his lap to deliver a kiss on his cheek or a hug around his neck. He taught me to ride a bike, drive a car. He worked hard to make sure I never wanted for anything. He taught me to be a strong, independent woman.

But, one of the cool things about being grown up is watching him interact with his grandkids. When I was in labor with Alex, he couldn't stay at the hospital because he couldn't bear to watch me in pain. After Alex was born, he told Jimmy that he better not do that to his daughter again. Of course, Jimmy didn't listen! Ha Ha! Alex and Olivia love their PawPaw. It's fun to see him do some of the things with Alex and Olivia that he used to do with me. Traditions. When I was a baby, he would put both of my feet in his had and lift me in the air. I would stand there. Trust! Strength! When I had Alex, he tried the same thing. Again, Alex mimiced exactly what I did at that age. Again, trust and strength.

So on this day, I honor my Dad. My hero, my first love! Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment