Thursday, May 22, 2008

I saw God today!

I woke up this morning to George Strait's I saw God today. It's about the birth of a daughter. The last few lines of the song are:

I got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleeping like a rock
My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today

You see, I woke up a little grouchy this morning. Why? Because, once again, Olivia was in my bed. I don't get to sleep very comfortably when she joins in because she likes to be right smack up against you. Also, she kept fidgeting all night and anyone who knows me, knows that I can't stand movement in the bed when I am trying to sleep. Finally, at 4:30 a.m. she laid still.

So, waking up to this song just put everything into perspective. She won't stay little for long! So, I hit snooze, rolled over and pulled her close getting in a few more minutes of snuggling before beginning the day. I wouldn't trade these moments with my daughter for anything. Eventually, I'll get my good night's sleep back so until then, I'll keep practicing my contortionist moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment