Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Carnival's in Town!

As we were on our way to Wal-Mart tonight for some dog food, we spotted carnival rides in the South County mall parking lot. I get so excited when I see these things, even though I can hardly ride any of the rides anymore. I guess I remember how much fun I always had at my school picnic. They weren't that busy so we decided to go in and see how much tickets for the rides cost. We got the family pack - 22 tickets for $20. I thought for sure this would last us a while. Nope, each ride was either 2, 3 or 4 tickets per person - which got them on 4 rides. Olivia and Alex rode on the 2-seater swings and then headed over to the dragon roller coaster. Olivia is so fearless, so amazing! I was not sure how she was going to react. She couldn't get on the ride fast enough. I had Jimmy tell her it was going to go fast. I stood on the sidelines with tears in my eyes watching the smile on her face as she waved to me at every turn that coaster took. She was having a ball. When the ride was over, she was ready for more. Jimmy and Alex rode a ride that sucks you to the wall and spins. Alex loved it. He came off all smiles and laughing saying he felt like his face was sliding off. After that, all three of them rode the Tilt a Whirl. Again, Olivia cackled through the whole ride. She was nothing but smiles at each turn. After that, we were out of tickets. Little Miss Olivia was not ready to go home. She wanted to ride the Dizzy Dragons. So we made a deal that would have to be the last ride. She agreed. Jimmy bought the tickets and off she went to stand in line. She and Alex got on and we told Alex how to spin the dragon. He did an awesome job spinning it. However, Little Miss Fearless, had a look on her face like Are you kidding me? This is all this ride does? She did have a good time but it wasn't as exciting for her. Once again, we attempted to leave once she departed the Dizzy Dragons. I told her to say good-bye to the rides. She turned her back to me and folded her arms. Jimmy went to put her on his shoulders but she refused to open her legs so he had her over his shoulders like a sack of potatos. When we got to the car, I asked her if she had fun. She promptly explained "NO!". I told her she did have a good time but that she was sad she had to leave. I think she is ready for a trip to Six Flags. Even though I will probably be standing on the sidelines holding all the bags while everyone else goes on the rides due to motion sickness, seeing the joy on my children's faces as they ride these carnival rides is pure joy in my heart!! I can't wait to take her to Disney World. I can ride pretty much everything there. She is going to love Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Test Track - she'd probably even love Tower of Terror but I doubt she will be tall enough. She has to grow 1.5 inches by next summer in order to ride the rides I mentioned above. I think I might have to invest in a stretching machine. She won't take sitting on the sidelines with me, holding the bags, she wants to be where the action is!! Again, so fearless, so amazing, that's my Daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment