Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sisters!






What an amazing day! Today I feel really blessed! The weather was finally gorgeous! I was up at 9 a.m. running errands. I hate wasting a beautiful day. Alex had a baseball game. We all got sunburned! This year in baseball, the boys get to actually pitch and catch. Needless to say, these games now take 2 hours to complete! Yes, I said 2 hours!! Can you believe it? The boys are doing really well. It's such an amazing journey to watch these boys grow! Alex has been with some of them since Pre-K.
This evening, I got to go to dinner with 6 amazing, beautiful, strong women. My Aunt Debbie Do, Aunt Pammie, Rachel, Samantha, my Mom and my Sis! I love spending time with these gals. We always have a lot of laughs!! My aunt brought me my Grandma's Calligraphy set. I've always wanted to do this and with Lizzie's wedding coming up, I figured there has to be something we could calligraphy! It was so neat to see all the practice sheets my Grandma did while she was learning. What a great memento of my Grandma! I'm so thankful to have these rare nights to spend with my family. It seems like everyone is always so busy and ever since my Grandma passed away, we just don't get together that much anymore. I am so thankful to have a sister of my own who is not only family but also one of my closest friends. So it was great to spend a few hours with my mom and her sisters, my sister and my cousins and just chat and laugh for a few hours!
After I got home from dinner, I promised Alex we would go to the park and try our hand at tennis. After playing tennis on Wii, we thought we would give it a try in real life. Needless to say, we both need lessons but we had a great time. I had to drive to 3 parks before finding one that was completely empty. I knew we wouldn't be able to play with others on the same court. I was right! Our balls were all over that court! Afterwards, we walked over to the playground so Olivia could let off a little energy. She ran her little heart out. She made a friend and those two were up and down and all around!
Such an exhausting, jam-packed, amazingly beautiful and blessed day! I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment