Friday, May 9, 2008

Hi ya Grranpa!



That's a line in the movie Meet the Robinsons. I love that line. Olivia and I have been saying that line since Tuesday. Grandpa (Jimmy's dad) came up from Little Rock for a visit. We love when he comes to visit and we get to spend time with him. He is such a great Grandpa too. He really loves his grandkids (he's got 3 more in Little Rock). Alex and Grandpa spent the afternoon together yesterday going to lunch and then to a movie. Great memories for Alex!! Also, Grandpa brought Olivia a chef hat and apron with her name on it. So adorable and cute. She just loves Grandpa too. I was worried that they wouldn't have a bond or connection because of the distance. Alex and Grandpa are close because they had an opportunity to bond when he lived in St. Louis. But, Olivia proved me wrong from the minute she met that man. She loved him instantly. We always say that Mimi must be standing over his shoulder. But I think she just genuinely loves her Grandpa -- which is awesome!! I am thankful for that. I learned my lesson too and genuinely love my father-in-law. In the earlier part of my marriage, I was a brat. I didn't accept the love my new mother- and father-in-law gave me. It took losing Mary (Jimmy's mom) and Jimmy getting sick and us having to hash out our differences to finally bring us together. I am so glad we did! It makes it so nice knowing it's OK if we disagree and that we can still love each other.

It's always sad when we have to say good-bye. Grandpa is heading back to Little Rock today. We'll miss him! Lots of hugs and kisses and hope to see you soon were said!! Have a safe trip, Grandpa! We Love You!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome message! The funny thing ist that I see a lot of Kathy in Olivia. Kathy instantly loved Jim and fought back with him anytime the situation required it. He would rear back, look at her, and then laugh his booming laugh! That's also what you receive now that you are both learning to disagree and still love each other. I'm so happy for you, my lady!

    ReplyDelete