Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Great Day!!!



Today was another excellent day! We just lounged around most of the morning. Once we got moving, we went to visit the Spear family. Olivia and Brendon played on their scooters and played chalk. Those two play so well together. They really love each other too. JJ asked me today if I thought that one day they might get married. How cute would that be?

Then, we went to Tower Tee for some batting practice. Alex has been a little afraid of the ball during baseball. I guess it's normal since this is the first year the boys are actually the pitchers. Some of those can get pretty wild. I just need to get him over that fact that the pitcher is not aiming to take his head off. His words exactly!! He did really well at the batting cages. Hopefully, bringing out that inner Albert Pujols! Also, Jimmy got both of us involved on a Wednesday night softball team. So now, I play on Sundays and Wednesdays. It is a lot of fun. Of course, Olivia wanted a turn in the cage. I took her to the very, very slow cage that pitches soft balls. She tried to hit it but the helmet was too big and kept getting in her face. She wanted to chase after the ball when she didn't hit it. I had to assure her that more were coming. So, no game today but at least I got some practice in. We had a great time at Tower Tee!!

Tonight, Alex got to try his hand at mowing the grass. I mowed the grass as a kid and so did Jimmy so we figured we would continue the tradition on and teach Alex! Aren't we wonderful parents? ;) He had a lot of help since it was his first time but maybe with a little practice he can do it by himself soon.

Time to get the kiddos in bed and start another week. School is winding down for both Alex and Olivia. Only two weeks until summer vacation. I wish I had a summer vacation to look forward to. I sure could use some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment