Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ordinary Miracle!


Yesterday, when I got home from work, I saw that my beautiful hibiscus tree had 2 new blooms open on it. My parents gave me the tree for my anniversary. I love flowers and tulips and hibisucs are my favorites. I felt so much joy just seeing these flowers. Like there was a new beginning right around the corner. Hopefully, that new beginning is spring/summer. The weather we have been experiencing here is the pits!!

So, last night, we watched Charlotte's Web - the 2007 version. They have been showing previews on satellite for it and Olivia was fascinated by it. I found it at the library yesterday and quickly checked it out. She really enjoyed it. The talking animals were funny to her but I don't think she really got the premise of the story. Needless to say, since I am such a sap, I bawled!! At the very end of the movie, a song called Ordinary Miracle played. Of course, for my sensitive soul, it made it worse. It is such a beautiful song. It really makes you stop and think. So many things around us are pure miracles. My children, my hibiscus tree blooming, the trees, the flowers, the blue sky, the rain (and lots of it that we've been experiencing), just the joy of waking every morning to a new day. So utterly amazing, so beautiful, so miraculous! I thank God for all the miracles in my life!! Sometimes it's the most simple things in life that can bring a tear to your eye, put a spring in your step and a flutter in your heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment