Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!






I love being a Mom!! Alex and Olivia are two great kids!! They both had my heart the minute I found out I was pregnant with each of them! I had no idea how hard being a Mom could be but it is definitely the most rewarding! Despite countless dirty diapers, sleepless nights, temper tantrums, and formula and food stained clothing, these two have brought so much JOY to my life!! These two rely on me for everything and in return, show me what real love is all about! So unconditional.

I taught them their A, B, C's, numbers and colors, and their manners. I read them stories. I kiss boo boos, wipe away tears and give each one many, many hugs and kisses. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Every accomplishment, milestone, every joy, every disappointment they experience just makes my heart explode. I am such an emotional person and these two really have made me feel things I didn't think possible. Such Blessings!!

Jimmy and the kids gave me an iSound alarm clock for Mother's Day. I have been wanting one ever since I went to Atlanta on a business trip and they had one in the hotel. It's an alarm clock you can put your iPod on. It's awesome. I love waking up to the songs on my iPod! Thank you!!

For my mom -- She always has the right words to say, at the right moments, whenever I need them. My mom just is, and always has been, the first person I go to when I have news to share… good, bad, funny, interesting or otherwise. I genuinely enjoy my mother’s company, and her opinion and her approval mean so much to me. I love you Mom -- Happy Mother's Day!

I also wanted to wish my Mother-in-law a Happy Mother's Day! She was an amazing woman who showed so much joy in being a Mother and Grandmother! I wish she were still here! I miss you and love you, Mary!

To my Aunt Debbie - Happy Mother's Day! You are so special to me. You are beautiful both inside and out. I am truly grateful for our relationship! You mean the world to me! My SHERO!!

To my best friend JJ, you are an amazing Mother, GodMother and Friend!! I love you and am so blessed to have you in my life for over 25 years!!

So, we spent Sunday with my family. I love spending time with my family. We don't seem to do it enough! Around this time every year, we have my anniversary, Mother's Day and my Dad's birthday. So we celebrated all three yesterday. We wanted to have "Kite Day" but it was monsoon season yesterday. So we had to postpone "Kite Day". What is "Kite Day"? This is a tradition from when I was a kid. We just get kites and go to the park and fly them -- seeing who can go the highest and playing the game of letting it go and chasing the string. I have fun memories of doing this as a kid with my parents. How awesome is it that my kids get to experience this with me and my parents. So, instead of Kite Day, Liz brought over her Wii. We played tennis, baseball, bowling and boxing. The attached pictures are of everyone playing boxing!! Me and Stevie got TKO's!! We are the Champions!! Mom kicked butt on tennis!! This was a lot of fun!

Such a great Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! Every day I check for a new entry. I feel that it shows me another aspect of who my best friend Melissa is! You have been a role model of a wonderful mother to me and it took me having Brendon to stop and see that! I wish you a wonderful Mother's Day to an incredible MOTHER and FRIEND!

    Love, JJ

    ReplyDelete