Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Relaxing Weekend!

Brendon and Liv
Alex riding his bike
Liv riding her bike

This past weekend was our first weekend in - I don't know when - where we didn't have a single event penciled in on our calendar. It was wonderful!! I didn't know what to do with myself since it seems that even on the weekend, I need to set my alarm. How wonderful to know that I could get up whenever I wanted!! Jimmy and I even got a few spare minutes for each other. It's not that often that we get to connect without the kids interrupting. We actually got moving fairly early on Saturday morning and did our grocery shopping and a little car shopping. After that, it was home and veggin' out in front of the TV for movie time. We love movies and Jimmy brought home 6 new movies for us.

Sunday was busier since we took Saturday to just veg. Sunday morning, Olivia and I met Brendon and JJ at Francis Park for a few hours of fun play time!! Olivia and Brendon haven't seen each other in a few months so it was a great reunion for them!! They played really well together and it gave JJ and I another few hours of talking time as well. JJ got some great photos of the 2 kiddos playing. She is really a great photographer. Check out her blog - The Spear Family Photos - the link is on the right. So, since I was such a slacker on Saturday, I had 3 loads of laundry to do, a house to clean and Jimmy mowed the lawn. After dinner, when it wasn't so blazing hot out, the kids rode their bikes on the sidewalk in front of our house before bath and bed time. So that's about it...nice and relaxing. Those weekends don't come along very often but when they do, I savor the heck out them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment