Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Routine!

So with 3 weeks left of summer vacation, I thought it was time the kids got back into a bedtime routine. A new routine - sleeping in their own beds!! As I mentioned in earlier posts, we have a unique bedtime routine in the Morgan house. When it was time for the kids to go to bed, I bascially had to go to bed. We all piled in my bed and I would read a book while they fell asleep. It's awesome that my kids want to be with me but I missed out on having a few hours to just wind myself down before I went to sleep.

I decided that we would start slow. The first thing I did was remove myself from the bed. When it's time for bed, the kids brush their teeth and get pajamas on. Then they climb into my bed (I didn't want to change things too quickly for them). I give kisses and hugs and make sure there are drinks at their disposal. I then go downstairs and spend a few precious hours with my husband. We have done this since Sunday night and let me tell you, I feel like a new woman!! My goal is to get them sleeping in their own beds by the start of school. I think we are on our way. Olivia doesn't seem to have any problems with the sleeping arrangement...even though she still gets in my bed in the middle of the night (we are working on that!). But Alex has been a little hesitant. On Sunday night, he came downstairs about 15 times before finally falling asleep. The last 2 nights he has been out like a light even though he gets anxious about me not being in the room before I turn out the light. But all is going well and I hope to continue on such a positive note!! Next week...in their own beds! The saga will continue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment