Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Olivia's Dance Recital

Before class showing Auntie her ballerina moves!
Twirling!
Trying to do what Mrs. Rita is doing!
Tapping! She loves to tap!!
Taking her bow!

Last night was Olivia's dance recital. Her first. While it's not the typical dance recital with costumes, it was a recital to show what she learned the last 6 weeks. Guests are invited to come watch and Auntie was there, as always, to cheer her on!!

As I posted in other blogs, Olivia has had a hard time concentrating on class. After watching her last night, despite her age, she did really well. I was really proud of her! She did better than some of the 5 year olds. I got a little frustrated with her when she would zone out and lay on the floor but as my sister kept reminding me, she is only 4 years old. Mrs. Rita is a wonderful teacher. She is very patient with the girl's -- especially mine!! I think once Olivia goes back to school and gets back in the habit of listening to the teacher, she will do much better. We will sign her up again for the next session which starts next week. I bet by the next recital, we will even see a greater improvement. I can totally see her being a great dancer. She has that natural, athletic ability -- like her Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment