Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two of my Favorite People!


Liz and Bryan. What can I say about these two individuals? Lots! My sister is my best friend! Despite the 10 year age difference, we are so close! I can still remember the day my Mom and Dad brought her home. We couldn't be there because Stevie was sick. We were staying at Grandma Inman's. Grandma brought us over and we got to see her through the screen door. So beautiful!! Liz and I shared a room growing up. She had to put up with my big sister attitude (don't move on the bed when I am trying to sleep!) and I had to put up with her little sister attitude. But thinking back on it, I rather enjoyed it. We used to go to sleep at night listening to Kenny G or some other CD. We used to go to the mall together and I would take her in Limited Too and we would try on all sorts of clothes! She truly was and is a princess to me! Again, despite growing up in two different worlds -- I was getting married while she was learning to drive -- I was having a baby while she was graduating from high school -- we have remained close. She knows a lot of my secrets, my dreams and desires and I know hers. We have a song that we call ours...it's called Come Some Rainy Day by Wynonna Judd. The first line in the song says..."what goods a dollar, without your baby sister"! Wynonna wrote it for her sister. This song definitely speaks truth to our hearts. But, she's not only an important person in my life, she is important to Alex and Olivia. Alex and Olivia really love their Auntie! She is so good to them. She was in the room when Alex was born and was there right after I had Olivia. She loves to spoil them. Every October, we go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin together. This tradition has carried on since Alex was little and is still strong today. She was there crying right next me during Alex's preschool gymnastics performance. She's been there rooting for Alex during soccer and basketball games. She's picked Olivia up from Jane's to lend me a helping hand. See, how much she means to me?

Now, my baby sister is getting married. She is marrying a truly awesome man! I am so glad she found him because it showed her that despite some bad relationships that there really was a Prince Charming out there for her. I can't wait for these two to become husband and wife and start their own family. I really love Bryan (and his sister loves me too)! Alex and Olivia just love him and he loves them, which is so awesome. You can see it whenever he is around! It just melts my heart whenever I see him playing with Olivia and Alex. He drove Alex to basketball camp for a week. What an awesome uncle and brother-in-law!! But most importantly, my sister loves him. I wish them many happy years of marriage. My wish is that they will still be smiling like the engagement pictures above 10, 20, 30, etc. years from now.

So now, my sister is beginning a new life where I have settled into mine. I am truly honored to be her matron of honor and be there to celebrate this next phase in her life.

Thank you Liz for just being You! I love you!!

My two favorite people...my sister, Liz and my future brother-in-law, Bryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment