Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How Sweet is this?

Last night, we watched a little of America's Got Talent. Yes, we love reality tv in our house! Anyway, I was completely moved to tears regarding Kaitlyn Maher's act (yes, I am a complete sap). She is a 4-year old who sang the song Somewhere out there, from the American Tail movie. She blew the judges away and got to move onto the next round. Heck, I don't even know her but I am so proud of her. I am such an empathetic person and kept thinking about how I would feel if that were Olivia. This beautiful, little girl went out on that stage and did something she loved. The smile on her face at the end when the audience was clapping and cheering for her is priceless. Such innocence, such beauty, such love. Go Kaitlyn!!

I try to teach both Alex and Olivia that they can do anything they want to do. All it takes is a little bit of passion for what you are doing, dedication, determination, self-confidence. and practice. I am and always will be their biggest cheerleader and support system! I try to teach them that they can achieve anything they set their minds too. That is what my parents taught me. For that, I am grateful. Keep reaching for your dreams. Even as I get older, I still have dreams and goals that I wish to accomplish. I think when you stop reaching, you become stagnant. Never stop reaching for those stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment