Monday, June 16, 2008

Kite Day/Father's Day!









Yesterday was a fun day. Not only was it Father's Day but it was also Kite Day! So we went to JB park with my family-- the spot we used to go to when I was a kid -- and had a picnic lunch and tried to fly our kites. There wasn't much wind but we managed to get the kites up a few times. We really wanted to get Alex's pirate ship kite in the air but you really need some good wind for that. This was Bryan's first time ever flying a kite. Too bad there wasn't much wind so he could get the full effect. I think he still had a good time though. Also, Jimmy didn't get to fly a kite because he always lands them in the trees. (Hence the picture of him just looking on.) I didn't get to fly but once. We bought Olivia a new kite -- Tinkerbell -- it was so cute...however, when we got to the park we noticed no string in the kit. It was a glider not a kite so there wasn't an extra kite to fly. We bought Stevie a Bat kite and it wasn't discovered until the end of the day that it was put together wrong. He couldn't seem to get it in the air but when he and I got together, we figured it out and got it up once but ran out string. You had to get it pretty high up there in order for it to stay up.

We had a great time together. I love the moments I get to spend with my family. They seem too far and few but it really is a joy to me when we can get together.

I also want to take this opportunity to wish Jimmy a Happy Father's Day! He is a wonderful Dad to Alex and Olivia. Olivia made a bookmark with her picture on it and a card with a Golden Trophy (as she calls it) for Jimmy. She let him open it and then quickly claimed it for herself -- just like she did with the Mother's Day picture frame she made me. It is the cutest thing. I can't wait to tell her when she gets older. Alex gave Jimmy a coupon book with all sorts of coupons...mowing the grass, wash the car, breakfast in bed, homemade cookies...he loved it!! We had taken him to a new Mexican restaurant on Saturday for a Father's Day lunch...but it wasn't that great. Oh well. Jimmy said something to me yesterday that was really sweet. He told me that yesterday was also my day because without me, he wouldn't be a dad. Very sweet and very true. We love you Smooch!

To my Dad. He is the world to me. My first love, my hero! He has influenced me to become the strong, independent woman I am today. Thanks Dad, I love you! Also, Alex and Olivia love their Paw Paw.

To Jim. Thank you for being such an important person in our lives. You are always there for us. You are an awesome Grandpa to Alex and Olivia. They definitely love you!! You mean the world to us and despite the distance, we love you and miss you!!

Happy Father's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment