Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Allergic Reaction, Bar Louie, Bridal Shower, Basketball Camp





That about sums up what's been happening in my life lately.


Last Wednesday night after getting home from our softball game, I felt itchy. I noticed that an area on my back was broke out in hives. I thought maybe it was just dry skin. On Thursday morning, I had a few patches of hives on my arm, my stomach and my back. By the end of the day on Thursday, I was broke out in hives all over my body. The last time this happened to me, I thought it was because I ate something with Splenda in it. That was so painful. I got no relief last time. I can't take a full dose of Benadryl because it knocks me out - completely. But I tried anyway. No help. On Friday, same thing, all over my body. I called my doctor and they said to take Zyrtec. Let me tell you, that was like a wonder drug for me. It took all the hives away AND it didn't knock me out. I am still taking it to keep whatever is in my system away from erupting on my skin! I have an appt. with an allergist on the 26th. Hopefully, she will be able to determine what the cause is.

Thursday night was the most fun night I have had in a long time. Liz got all her bridesmaids together for the "you are officially in the wedding" gathering. We went to Bar Louie in Kirkwood. Despite the hive breakout, I had a blast! We gabbed for hours from wedding plans to how do you keep things exciting once your married. Of course, Shayna and I, as her matrons of honor were asked for our insight into what married life is like. We were happy to oblige. Really though, I had so much fun. Anyone who knows me, knows that no topic is off limits for me to discuss. And we had some great discussions!!! Thanks Liz for one of the most fun nights!!!

Saturday was quite a busy day! My mom and aunts hosted a Bridal Shower for my cousin Ryan's soon-to-be wife Susie. They are getting married next month. Of course, there were lots of laughs as always. It was a lot of fun. Plus, the food was great and we got to have a Grandma Glo cake! My uncle's mom is an Amighetti and she makes the best home-made cakes!! I have had many Grandma Glo birthday cakes in my day and they are fabulous. Check out the picture. She made it just like the invitation! OK, so enough about the cake. Susie got some great gifts. Olivia was so excited when she saw the gifts. She said it was a birthday party. She helped Susie with the gifts. She would give her a present to open and then run to sit on the stairs where Aunt Pammie was sitting. Then, when Susie was ready for the next present, Olivia would run back down the stairs and hand her another present. Then, she started taking the gifts and setting them off to the side. She told her "I'll take that for you". I told her to take it right to Mommy's car! Susie got some great stuff. I think every 10 years or so, married women should get another bridal shower to get new stuff. How fun would that be? I snagged these pictures from cousin Lori -- thanks Lori!

After the shower, we dropped the kids off at Auntie's for the night. Jimmy and I got a night out to ourselves. We haven't been able to go out together since New Year's. A friend of mine was celebrating her 40th birthday. Her husband planned a surprise party for her at Lucas Park Grille. Everything was paid for - the drinks, the food. It was fabulous. We had a nice time there. After that, we went and spent some time at a friend's bar. We hung out there until 11:30 or so. How pathetic is that? We get a night out and we are so bushed we are home before midnight!!

So, here we are again back to another week. Alex is at De Smet this week for basketball camp. Since Bryan teaches there and is also hosting a running camp, Alex is riding out to De Smet everyday with him. He got a cool De Smet basketball jersey and Bryan gave him a pair of De Smet shorts. He loves it!! He had a great time. He is buying his lunch today because they can buy food at the cafeteria and he gets to pick what he wants. So cute!! So, since Alex is at her house in the afternoon, Liz is picking Olivia up from Jane's this week. Olivia thought because Auntie was picking her up that she was staying at Auntie's house again - like Saturday night. When I got there yesterday to pick her up, she closed the door on me. When I came in, she said she wasn't going with me, she was staying with Auntie and proceeded to wrap herself around Auntie's leg. So cute! I love that my kids love their Aunt and soon-to-be Uncle!

So, tonight is tap (dancing class) night! Let's see what Mrs. Rita has to say tonight about Miss Olivia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment