Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oomph!!

So this morning as I turned on the news and heard the area was covered in ice, I was hoping there would be no school today! Not the case! So, got Jimmy and Alex out the door and was waiting to hear how the roads were. Since Olivia didn't have class today, there was no need for us to hurry. Jimmy called at 7:58 a.m. to say all was well and roads weren't bad. Guess I better get into gear. Got me and Olivia ready to go. I thought I'd wear my tennis shoes to work and bring my heels so I don't slip. Sounded like a good plan. So, I let Maggie outside, made breakfast and packed our lunches. Time to go. Go to the door with my hands full...purse, work bag, lunch, Olivia's backpack, keys...to find that Maggie can't get back up the steps because they are covered in ice. I step out ever so carefully and slide just a bit. Nice, porch and stairs covered in ice. I manage to get Maggie back up without a mishap. Go back up the stairs to lock the door. Warn Olivia a million times that the porch and steps are icy and to be careful. She makes it no problem. Then I make it. OK...we are good. Fast forward to arriving at Olivia's school. There's a funeral so no parking in front of the school. I have to park across the street. No problem. Get out of my car and walk around to get Olivia out but before I can get there...ssshhhbooomp! I totally hit the pavement!! Landed square on my butt! This probably looked like a scene in a movie with my legs flying in front of me!! Of course this had to be witnessed by 2 other people who were standing nearby! They did express concern but I just couldn't bear to look at them. I landed right on my tailbone...ouch! Of course, the entire area near Olivia's door was covered in ice. I stepped carefully to her door and managed to get her out of her car seat. I told her to go to Alex's door and wait for me. I didn't want to risk her falling. My bum is throbbing!! I guess that's what I get for thinking if I waited a little everything would be fine. Just hope my bodycast goes with my bridesmaid dress! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It hurts so bad when you hit your tailbone. I hope you're ok. Take a long bath when you get home.

    ReplyDelete