Thursday, January 22, 2009

Been meaning to...

blog since Monday but just haven't gotten around to it. I am finally sitting down and reflecting on the last week. These last few weeks have been good...we are all good. I finally feel positive - like things are going to be OK. I feel like we are starting this new year on a good foot...granted, we have had many stumbles but overall, I am feeling pretty good.

The question did come up again last week about whether Olivia really is truly ready for Kindergarten. Intellectually, she is ready. Maturity-wise, I am not so sure. Miss Michelle gave me some information on a seminar she attended called Love and Logic. You know what? It's some good stuff. I used a tactic on Alex and low and behold, it worked like a charm... It seems to be working with Olivia as well. I realized that a lot of her actions were reflections of my actions and the way I was living my life. I truly seek peace and happiness in my life. My actions as a wife and mother did not reflect such. I'm working on it.

Saturday, Alex had a basketball game. They won again! Go St. Ambrose!! We went to Apollonia - a Greek restaurant on Gravois - let me just say this was the best lunch I have had in a looong time. Olivia didn't eat much. We ordered Saganaki - flaming cheese - because she loves cheese and cheese sticks. But she wasn't liking the fact that her cheese was set on fire so she didn't eat any. We ended up getting her a salad and figured she would probably like the gyro meat - she is not a big meat eater but I thought she might like it - nope -- wouldn't touch the meat. Me, Jimmy and Alex each got a Gyro and it was sooo delicious. I only could eat half. Actually, all 3 of us had leftovers. It was so delicious, I had my leftover for dinner that night. Even warmed up, it was delish!! Definitely looking forward to visiting there again. It also didn't hurt that we got to eat for free. The manager had been asking Jimmy to come in and when he saw us, he took everything off our bill. So we left a hefty tip for the waiter. After lunch, we thought we would go work off some of our food and thought how fun it would be to go to Rollercade and roller skate. Unfortunately, they have funky hours. We got there at 3:10 and they close at 4. The lady was going to charge us the full price for 45 minutes...I don't think so. Needless to say, we had a very upset little girl. We are going to try and go again this weekend. That night, we played board games. Alex and Liv played a game of Candyland and we were getting ready to play Scrabble when Jimmy decided Monopoly would be better since Liv could play. Let me just say, I hate Mono-poly!! It takes forever!! 3 hours later, I was declared the Winner!! Woo Hoo! ! I have never won at Monopoly!!! What!! Crazy!!!

Sunday we had breakfast and then played a game of Chutes and Ladders!! Fun time at the Morgan's!! Sunday and Monday we just relaxed...I have been reading a really good book -- actually, a new vampyre series. I finished the first book within a few days and started on the second. I am now about 30 pages from finishing the second and have the third book on hold at the library. I love when I find books I can't put down!! Well, till next time!

1 comment:

  1. How weird is it that you wrote about gyros. I tried my first one the night we moved up here, and had been craving one ever since, so we got them again for dinner last night. It may even be competition for Thai food(my fave). I wish I had one right now. We will def have to check out Apollonia when I am in St. Louis!!!

    ReplyDelete