Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween










Happy Kal-la-neen as I used to say! Halloween was so jammed packed with fun events and wouldn't you know it, my camera battery gave out at the beginning of them. Darn it.

Halloween morning started off with taking Olivia to school. I am the head room parent for Olivia's class so I had to organize everything for the party -- good thing there are all girls in Olivia's class so it made it so easy. I made cute little halloween bags embroidered with each of the girl's names on them. I thought these might be more of a keepsake than just the throw away treat bags. I had to get the snacks, pick a craft and pick 2 games to play. For snack, the girl's had popcorn and cookies with juice. Seemed to be a hit. For the craft, I decided on ghost necklaces. I got a bucket of beads and had Alex separate all the orange, black, white and yellow ones -- he loved me for making him do that. I then cut out little white foam ghosts and punched holes in their arms so they could string it onto their necklace. We had some really cute necklaces! For the games, we played pin the nose on the pumpkin and ghost bowling. I was only at school for an hour and when I left, I was exhausted. All I can say is I feel truly blessed that Olivia has such a wonderful teacher and school to attend. I truly honor all teachers!!

After the party, I had to go back to work for a few hours. It was kind of pointless since I didn't get much accomplished. When I left the party, I had the makings of a headache. By the time I got to work, it was a full blown migraine. I didn't have anything with me to take but I found a few packets of cold relief and tylenol to take. I tried to relax and it finally subsided enough that I could function again. Before heading home, I stopped off at the store and picked me up some Motrin. So add 3 more of those to what was already in my system in order to allow me to function. We had such a great evening planned that I didn't want a migraine to ruin it.

At 6 p.m., we headed over to the Spear household! We were so excited to trick or treat with Brendon! Olivia and Alex haven't seen Brendon since the end of September when we got together for his walk. Brendon Boo was a bat and such a cutie. We had a fabulous time with fabulous friends. Stephen made some awesome "atomic turds" (I said he needed a new name for them but disagreed). I don't even know what all was in these...all I know is that it was a bacon wrapped hollowed out jalopeno stuffed with cream cheese and something else. These were the BOMB!! So after quickly filling our belly's with some hot dogs and such, the kiddos were ready to hit the house for some candy. Olivia didn't have a joke and trying to teach her about joke-telling wasn't working. However, once she heard Brendon tell his joke, she promptly got the idea and then STOLE his joke! I couldn't believe it. Such a stinker. After going around to a few houses, the kids were done and so were we. Back to the Spear residence for some good ol' fashion fun. We partied with the neighbors until the wee hours. I truly envy my friends. They have such a great group of neighbors and just sit outside talking and having fun. Maybe one day we can live on a street as cool as Coral Drive. Thank you Spear's for such an awesome Halloween. We look forward to doing it with you again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're ready to be a Girl Scout leader when Olivia starts Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete