Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk or Treat




On Sunday, St. Ambrose held their annual Trunk or Treat. It's the newest thing where kids can trick or treat safely among a group of people you know. Parents park their cars on the lot and some go all out decorating them up and you hand out candy. One of our friends entered her car so we gathered there with our bowl of candy to hand out to all the cute trick or treaters! After Olivia went around and got all her candy, she did the honors of handing out candy. She was handing one piece out to everyone...even innocent by-standers. It was great!!

Olivia was a witch. She wore this glittery dress that was once Auntie's. I altered it to fit her. Then, Olivia had her witch's hat and broom. I found some green hair that helped accentuate her outfit. I put makeup on her and seriously, that girl has some loooong eyelashes! I love it!! Olivia had a blast going from car to car getting her candy. I tried to teach her a few jokes but she just didn't understand the concept. So she just cackled and said "I'll get you my pretty!" I wanted her to do the "Ma-damn foot's caught in the door" joke as a tribute to when I taught Liz at the age of 4 or 5 to tell that joke! It's a classic in our family.

Alex was the Unknown Phantom. I think he was really getting out of the groove of dressing up for Halloween. I kept asking him what he wanted to be and he kept saying the infamous "I don't know." Then it dawned on me...maybe he doesn't want to dress up anymore. Is 9 and 10 really the age when they start thinking dressing up for Halloween isn't cool anymore? I think I dressed up and trick or treated until I was in 8th grade. Anyway, he thought maybe he wanted to be a vampire but I knew he was not going to wear the makeup. Then I found this costume and I figured he would like it because the eyes light up. He did. He had a blast hanging with his friends and going into the Haunted Hallway.

We ended up leaving Trunk or Treat 30 minutes early. It was freezing outside! With the wind blowing, everyone was so cold. All the candy that was to be had was safely tucked away in their little pumpkins waiting to be devoured. So we headed home. We are looking forward to trick or treating with Brendon and the Spear family on Halloween. More Halloween fun to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment