Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Color Purple



Last night, Deb Do, Samantha and I went to see The Color Purple at the Fabulous Fox Theatre! I love, love this movie and watch it every time it comes on tv so I knew I was going to enjoy the musical! I picked up the soundtrack at the library so and fell in love with a few of the songs...I'm Here, Too Beautiful for Words and Hell No!

The Color Purple is an extraordinary story, strong, powerful and emotional. It's a story about love, strength, adversity, courage, hope, joy. This story shows how Celie dealt with the adversity in her life. How she overcame hardship and obstacles and managed to pick herself up and move forward every day. Jeannette Bayardelle played Celie and did an amazing job. She has got an incredible voice! Felicia Fields played Sofia and she brought the house down! As you may know, Sofia was originally played in the movie by Oprah, very big shoes to fill but Felicia did an incredible job! This musical had lots of laughs and of course, it's not complete unless I cry, which I did. When Mister arranges for her children to come home and Celie gets to meet them and see Nettie, well hell yeah, I cried! Such emotion! Very powerful. A definite must see for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment