Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why I blog!

“We write to taste life twice,
once in the moment and in retrospection.”
(Anias Nin)

I love to write! I have been told I am pretty good -- not sure I am novel-worthy but I appreciate the compliment! I love blogging too. I find myself coming back to my blog and re-reading my posts over and over. I do this even though I have lived it and written it. I think the quote above describes exactly why I love to write and blog. I love to reflect on what has occured in my life. To keep track of moments that may seem small to someone on the outside but so meaningful to my heart.

I'm also big on "saving" things. Things with meaning only to me. Things that may be junk to you but are priceless in my eyes!! My hope chest is crammed full of mementos. Some of my most prized possessions...a card my Grandpa Inman gave me on my 16th birthday - He picked the card out himself and only he signed it; Letters from my Grandma Connelly when I was in college; a smocking magazine my Mother-in-law gave me; the ring my Grandma Inman gave me before she passed away; a card my Aunt Debbie gave me, in it she wrote "Beautiful people need Beautiful Things and You are Beautiful Inside and Out" - She gave me this card along with a camisole - I still have the camisole even though I can't wear it anymore. I could go on and on about items that mean the world to me. All these items can spur a story in my head of that moment. Moments I treasure! I am hoping that my blog might become a prized memento to my kids or family someday of moments we shared. It's my life through my eyes written down to catch the reflection of that moment. I write to keep those reflections fresh in my mind and heart - the retrospection mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment