Friday, August 15, 2008

New Found Love!






Olivia has a new love. Polly Pockets! If you don't know what these are, they are tiny little dolls with teeny-tiny little accessories!! Olivia loves them. She bought her first Polly Pocket with the giftcard she got from Grandpa for her birthday. We went to Target last night and she picked out a new Polly Pocket with the giftcard from Aunt Debbie and Uncle Steve. (So much for the clothes I wanted to buy!) It's a little swimming pool, so water is involved! When Polly gets wet, her hair changes to pink and her swimming suit gets polka dots. Great! No really, it was so much fun watching her play. I love hearing what she has to say while playing. I wish I could just bottle that up it was so cute!!

A special treat arrived in the mail the other day from Grandpa. He sent Olivia a new book. He is always sending books to Alex and recently, Olivia started noticing she wasn't getting books. So I think Grandpa happily obliged. When I opened the box, I was so excited. It was the Puff the Magic Dragon book. I have been wanting to get Olivia and Alex this book for quite awhile and have just not gotten around to it. Puff the Magic Dragon was my favorite song to sing as a child. I can still remember all the words. The book came with a CD. So while on our way home, we put the CD in and sang along. Alex even sang with me. Then, we get home and we're making dinner. All of a sudden, Alex starts singing Puff the Magic Dragon again. He says "Great Mom, now I have that song stuck in my head!!" We had a great laugh -- great memories. Thanks Grandpa for sending it!! We all LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment