Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthday Celebration!












We were finally able to celebrate the July and August birthdays last Sunday! Olivia swore she had not had a birthday yet because she had not had a party with cake and presents. She was so excited for her big day!! She wore her new Hannah Montana sparkly shirt for the occassion. I also let her pick the birthday cake theme even though there were 3 other names on the cake. She's only had 4 birthdays, I thought I would let her have her moment. She chose Hannah Montana - of course! After we cut the cake, she wouldn't let anyone eat Hannah's face. So cute.

We had a great dinner of Mostaciolli, garlic bread and salad. It was perfect. Liz hosted and it was a very nice time!! The weather was perfect for enjoying out on the patio too.

Olivia got lots of great presents. Grandma and PawPaw got her a Hannah Montana doll from Disney World. She slept with it and took it to Jane's on Monday. They also got her some other great gifts. Auntie got her the Fishing Game which she loves and has played with every day! Auntie also gave her a new Princess lunchbox for school. I was trying to wait to use it until school started but when I made her lunch yesterday, she insisted her lunch go in the new one and not the old Dora one. So I obliged. After all, what's the fun of getting something new and not being able to use it right away. Uncle Moo Moo and Christine got her a Princess oven that bakes cupcakes and treats. It's really cool because it cooks without heat or electric. It uses ice. Don't ask me how, but it works. Olivia had to try it out as soon as we got home. She made a batch of cupcakes for Daddy and Alex. She loves to cook. When she does, she has to wear her apron Grandpa gave her (see earlier blog) and I have to call her Little Chef. What a goof! I of course, oblige her. It's just the sweetest thing. Aunt Debbie and Uncle Steve gave her a Target gift card which I think I am going to use on some clothes for school and cousin Nick and Amanda gave her $10 in cash. She also received $20 from Great Aunt Debbie Do, a Color Wonder book and markers (which she loves so Auntie bought her another one) and a coloring book and crayons from Great Aunt Pammie and Rachel and a gift card from Grandpa. She had a great, great birthday!! Thank you all!!

It was also my birthday celebration. 36 years old. Where has the time gone? I still consider myself young and the one thing that keeps me from falling into old lady-hood is looking at my Mom's youngest sister Debbie. She is 49 and looks and acts like she is my age. I love it. I want to be just like that when I am almost 50!! Anyway, my parents gave me a steamer. I haven't tried it out yet but plan on putting it to great use! We went to Soulard's Farmers Market on Saturday and got lots of fruit and vegetables. I am trying to start everyone eating more healthily and stocking up on the fresh fruits and vegetables as opposed to the junk. So far so good. Liz got me some new scrapbook stickers and papers. I really need to get into this since I have so many supplies and pictures. She also got me the new Stephenie Meyer book, Breaking Dawn. It's the conclusion to the Twilight series I got both of us hooked on. I put the other book I was reading aside and dived right into this one. I am taking it slow, savoring it, not wanting it to end. My cousin Nick got me some scratch-offs and I won $20. Woo Hoo!! Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so special.

We also celebrated my Mom's birthday and Bryan's birthday. I made my mom and Mickey Mouse bracelet from the Mickey's she brought me back from Disney. We gave Bryan some Cardinal stuff to go in his Cardinal room. I think he like them.

A great time and great memories were created by all. Thanks again to all who celebrated with us and sent birthday wishes our way for a great year!!



2 comments:

  1. I have read the first 2 Twilight books. I really enjoyed them too. The nice thing is that it reminds me of when Angela and I were in a mother/daughter book club together. I enjoy talking to her about the books. I will have to wait to read Eclipse until she finishes it.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, You did not mention my gift fo Olivia! Ha Ha just kidding, Love Aunt Pamie

    ReplyDelete