Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer

Summer Vacation started on May 31st and today marks the 2nd day of the new school year!  This summer flew by!  I tried to keep myself and the kids busy as much as possible this summer and I think I did a pretty good job of it. 

In June, Alex attended Band Camp the entire month of June - but only in the mornings.  Olivia attended Pom Pon Camp for a week and then was entertained by cousin Angela or cousin Lori the rest of the time.  During the month of June, we had Graduation parties, Birthday parties and a wedding out of town.  Plus I got to go see Kiss Me Kate with Lori at the Muny.  Fun times.

July seemed to have less to do but seemed to go by the fastest.  The only camp the kids did this month was Swim Camp and it was only an hour and a half for one week. But they both had a great time.  This is one camp we will definitely do again.  We went to Little Rock over Fourth of July weekend.  We went to see Jimmy during that visit as well.  It was so good for Olivia and Alex to see him.  We have all missed him terribly.  I got to see 3 Muny shows this month and let me say they were HOT!!  Olivia and I went to see The Little Mermaid and sat in the free seats.  That was fun but a very long wait for her.  However she loved the play.  Then my Mom got us really awesome seats up front for Singin' in the Rain.  This is Alex's favorite musical.  The smile on my boy's face brought sheer joy to me the entire night.  I loved it.  This was a great show as well.  We did have to use our ice packs and frozen wash cloths for this show.  It was a hot one!  Then I got to go see Little Shop of Horrors with Liz and Amanda.  At first I was really indifferent about seeing the show but I am so glad I went.  It was such a fun show!!  So glad I got to experience that one.  The other highlights of July were the birthday's - Olivia's 7th, my 39th and Mom's 59th.  Good times celebrating with the family.

August arrived quickly and the next thing I know, it was time for the kids to go back to school.  We went to the drive-in last Saturday.  It was fun and such a gorgeous evening.  Of course, I am not good with directions and went the wrong way coming back from IL so it took about 15 minutes longer than it should have.  Ugh!  August is also marking an end and a beginning for me.  I am leaving Armstrong Teasdale and going to Wind Capital Group to be a corporate paralegal for them.  I am excited about this opportunity.  It also came at such a great time in my life.  I happened so quickly too that it was like it was meant to be.  I start WCG on 8/29. 

Overall, it's been a great summer! I think we will miss the pool the most of all.  Thanks to my good friend Aimee for the pool membership she gave to us.  We utilized that sucker quite a bit.  The kids loved it.  Olivia turned into a little fish and was even brave enough to jump off the high dive and low dive.  Such great memories we have of the summer of 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment