Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday Party

Last night my favorite band played at Failoni's so Deb Do organized a little birthday party for me! I had no idea she was doing this. I planned on going to see the band play but I didn't know she invited a bunch of people and had a cake for me - a Grandma Glo cake!! YUM!!

My day was crappy -- work is slow again and money is tight as usual. So I really wasn't feeling the evening plans. Liz and Bryan picked me up so I didn't have to drive and Liz said my cousin and his girlfriend weren't coming. So I was a little bummed. But, as soon as we walked in, I was greeted by my favorite drummer saying "Hi Birthday Girl!" over the microphone. My mood lifted! The music was flowing and I had just ordered my drink of choice - 7 and 7. Deb Do always spoils me and got me an awesome necklace, earrings and bracelet set. I love it!! As we were listening to the band, my Sunshine (Gayle) walked in and surprised me!! Then Marc and Whitnie came and Kyle and Lacey! The cousin Susie came! She tricked me since on Facebook she said she was going to be watching Project Runway. It was so great to see everyone!!

Of course, Dan had left 3 cowbells on the table and I had to play the cowbells. I did so gracefully and got Liz to join me. Deb Do did it for a little bit as well. So fun!! Then they brought the cake out for me and Samantha! Deb Do kept putting candles on it!! UGH!! Stop with all the candles!! They sang us Happy Birthday and we consumed cake! YUM!!

We listened to the band play until the stopped at 10pm. Had a blast singing and dancing with my family!! We are such a fun group!!

So once again, I had a great celebration of my 39th year!! I celebrated me and was just overwhelmed by all the love! Such great memories!!

Thanks so much to my Moon aka: Deb Do, Soul Sister and mfatiacmbf! for making me feel so special!! It was an awesome night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment