Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl's Night!

Last Friday night, Alex spent the night at his friend's.  Whenever it's just me and Liv she wants to have a Girl's Night.  We always try to find something fun to do on Girl's Night.  Right before I left for home that day, I had gotten an email from Groupon reminding me to go use my Groupon for Baked Goods Pottery.  It's a place close to home where we can go and paint pottery.  Olivia is all about anything that has to do with crafting.  So this was a perfect Girl's Night. 

We arrived at Baked Goods Pottery and browsed their many shelves for something to paint.  At first, I was just going to let Olivia paint and I would watch but she wanted me to paint too.  So she found a butterfly and I found the letter O.  The girl explained all about the different paints to use and we got our table and started painting. 

This was so much fun!!  Olivia had a blast painting her butterfly.  And she did a great job too. 

So intense!  Then she spotted the aprons and wanted to put one on.

Here is her butterfly with a face.

And her finished butterfly!  Such a great job!


Here is my "O" for Olivia.  I painted it in an orange - her favorite color!
And my finished "O"!


We had to leave them there for them to put in the kiln.  We get to go back in 10 days and pick them up.  I cannot wait to see what they look like!  Olivia is so ready to go back and paint again.  She asked me on both Sunday and Monday if we could go back to paint.  We picked up a mug so that Alex could paint the next time too and Olivia picked out a tiny telephone.  I am so looking forward to going back there.  I have so many ideas.  I love crafting!  If you are interested in painting pottery, I highly recommend this place.  The girl there was so nice.  She showed Olivia the kiln and what the pieces look like before they go into the kiln.  The butterfly and the "o" only came to $17 but my groupon was for $25 so she helped me pick out another item so that I could get the most out of my groupon.  That was so sweet.  The Groupon was only $10 but I got $25 worth of pottery.  Such a great deal and so fun!  Definitely will be a great idea when it's cold outside but the kids are bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment