Thursday, January 13, 2011

Goings On

We are in the second week of the New Year. I have been sick for the last week...yuck! So I really haven't been able to work on some of my New Year's Resolutions yet. However, I have been reading a new book - a new series -- The Alchemyst, the life of Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott. This is a teen series, but I really love to read teen books along with the other genres I love. Remember the mention of Nicholas Flamel in Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone? That's what really interested me about it. Now, this book has really sucked me in. I am almost finished with the first book. Alex really wanted to read the book too so we got him a copy from the library so we don't have to share the book. Can't wait to talk to him about. (I have always dreamed of us discussing books. - sorry, books are a passion.)

We are heading to Little Rock this weekend to celebrate Christmas with the Morgan's and to celebrate my niece Katie's birthday. I am really looking forward to spending some time with my inlaws. We always have such a great time together - we love to play games or card games and the kids love playing together. Usually, the day we leave is a big tussle with Olivia. She hates saying good-bye. We haven't been to Little Rock in almost a year. So glad to be going. Plus, the weather is always warmer there. I will have to drive the whole trip since we are leaving in the morning after Jimmy gets home from working midnight to nine a.m. - ugh. I don't mind the stretch of Missouri and usually end up driving until we reach West Memphis - but the trip after West Memphis is a snore. Nothing around but trees. You end up saying over and over "Are we there yet?" because everything looks the same for the next 2 hours! UGH!!

Tomorrow will be a busy day...shopping and getting everyone packed and ready to go. But it will be worth it. I am off work and taking Alex to the doctor in the morning for his foot. Then I can do all my running. Cannot wait to find my brother-in-law some Mizzou stuff for his Christmas gift. I do it because he hates Mizzou. So I love to kid him about it. Can't wait to put the Mizzou tiger tail on the back of his car. ;) Fun times!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a safe fun trip. I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can take the kids to the park again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great trip! I am behind checking all my blogs:) I hear you about the drive....Matt used to be in Destin, FL several months a year, driven that so many times, trying to stay awake! Take care!

    ReplyDelete