Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Happy New Year!! I am so glad to see the Year 2010 end. Even though this year has brought happiness to my life - kids went to Disney World, the birth of my nephew Brady, being Brady's GodMother, the birth of Hannah, being Hannah's GodMother, finding a new house and getting the kids into the Lindbergh School District and both of them loving it, as well as me - I also had a lot of heartbreak this year. I found out who my friends were and you know what, I found out I also have a pretty strong support system. For this, I am eternally grateful!

We rang in the New Year with our good friends the Morton's. Aimee and I went to college together at SMSU - or I should say the only year I went to SMS. ;) We have remained friends for over 20 years! The really good things is that our husbands are also good friends. We love getting together with the Morton's. It is always a good time and New Year's Eve was a blast.





I usually don't make new year's resolutions but I do kinda make a small list in my head of some possible things I would like to accomplish this year. But then, I came across this and thought, yes, this is what I want my year to be about!

This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and the speak it again

Howard Hunter
I have a feeling 2011 will be a great year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I liked that a lot. Instead of just doing something to make yourself better, do something that makes others better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I LOVE that quote!

    ReplyDelete