Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dreams

I believe that dreams can sometimes be a way to connect with the spiritual world -- if you don't believe me, read the blog entry titled "60 Years" - the one I wrote in June of 2008 regarding my grandparents. Anyway, the last two nights now, deceased loved ones have appeared in my dreams. My mother-in-law has made an appearance both nights. In my dream Sunday night, someone thrust 2 photos in my hand of my grandparents and my mother-in-law and said they wanted/needed them here and would I please, since I have a connection with them, please conjure them up -- if I recall, we were having some kind of party. I did my magic and lights appeared signaling they were there. I don't think they physically appeared however, my mother-in-law did. Then last night she made another appearance in my dream. I can't recall really why she was there or what the dream was about but when I woke up, the first thing I thought was...Mary was in my dream again. What does this mean? I told Jimmy and he said "maybe she was telling us to move to Little Rock". I said "Or maybe she was saying not to go". Hmm...very weird. Wish I knew what the message was!!!

I do love dreams where I get to connect with my deceased loved ones and actually remember it. I've had a few of my Grandma Connelly -- where I've gotten to hug her and tell her I miss her. She and I always talked about visiting after she died. I used to ask her over and over if she would come back to visit me. She was visited by her father after he passed and so believed this could happen. She always assured me I would get a visit from her. I have also had a few with my Grandma Inman and of course, the infamous dream with my Grandpa Inman. He and I usually just talk and I "feel" his presence. He usually doesn't visit my dreams. I know some think this is just all bull-hockey but I believe it and am so grateful for the moments I get to share with them - just one more time!!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, today is the 19th annoversary of my daddy passing, i miss him so much. if only I could talk to him and hold him one more time. Or call him omm the phone and ask what he was doing and have him say "I can't tell you". like he always did. I know they are with us always. love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog!!! I totally agree with you. I feel that dreams can be a way of reconnecting with those that we've lost, and I love those dreams!! I have had many dreams about my dad and my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete