Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Somebody's sleepin' in my bed!

That's what I say to Olivia in the morning after she slept in my bed the night before. Of course, I said it to her this morning. And, of course, she just cackles when I say it because I say it in a "Goldilocks & Three Bears" tone. Our bedtime routine is very non-traditional. When it's time for the kids to go to bed, they don't go to their own rooms. Oh, No, they want to fall asleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. So, me and the kids pile in my bed. I read a book while they fall asleep. Once Olivia is asleep, I move her to her bed. When Jimmy comes to bed, he moves Alex to his bed. Believe me, we have tried to get everyone to start off and wake up in their own beds! But, it never fails that a few times a week we get visitors in our bed in the middle of the night. I took Olivia to her bed twice last night before finally giving in and just leaving her in the middle ("her spot" as she claims). Many people are against the whole bed-sharing. It's fine with me. I realize that one day, these two are going to want nothing to do with me so I take it while I can get it. I also think I allow this because growing up, we were never allowed to sleep with my parents. We were always sent back to our rooms. Sometimes, you just need that mommy lovein'. Anyway, despite sleeping in one position for most of the night, I love that my kids want to be that close to me!! Good thing we have a king size bed!!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. I'm so glad you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to your Aunt Debbie tonight and she told me you were starting a blog. It can be very addicting. I remember my kids coming to lay down in my bed. I remember hanging on to the edge for dear life because Angela took up a lot of room. In the scheme of things, who cares if your kids come to bed with you sometimes. Mommies and Daddies get to sleep together, why shouldn't a little one have someone to hug and hang on to sometimes. Lori

    ReplyDelete