Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nice Weekend!

This has been a really nice weekend. We didn't have any plans. Actually, this will be the last weekend in a long time that we don't have anything to do. May will be pretty busy!

We started our weekend just lounging around - in our bed. As I explained in an earlier post, the kids like to sleep in our bed. Actually, we all love our bedroom. It's kind of like Grand Central Station. Everyone likes to congregate in our bedroom. We watched a few movies in bed and wrestled around. Our favorite game is trying to push Jimmy off the bed. Me and Alex try with all our might to push him off and only succeed in moving him an inch. He is so strong!!! We love it!! Of course, he can push us off in one easy swoop. Again, love!! Of course, his favorite game is to steal my pillow. I am really picky about my pillow. My pillow is my comfort...always has been. Anyway, after lounging for most of the day, we decided we needed to do something active. We went and played racquetball. Jimmy and I played each other twice. He beat me twice but that's only because he CHEATS! I was trying to teach Olivia to play. She got a kick out it. Alex can be pretty good too. I think I will look into a racquetball class for him. I think just a few lessons and he will be a good competitor.

Today was a great day as well, we headed over to my mom and dad's. The kids love to spend time with their Grandma and PawPaw. My mom took me shopping to return a few shirts she bought me because they were too big. I found 3 replacement shirts. Very cute! I was so pumped! I am trying to lose weight and today, I actually got a size smaller. I usually get all my clothes in the plus size section but I tried on a shirt from the regular Misses section. It fit but looked a little funny in my mid area. Definitely need to work on the stomach and butt areas! But getting there!! After shopping, I had a softball game. Of course, I thought it would be cancelled because it was raining. Nope, we played in the 50 degree, rainy weather anyway. Poor Alex, he is our team's bat boy. He had on shorts and t-shirt. I know, you're probably thinking bad mommy. The temperature dropped as the day went on -- when we left earlier, it wasn't that cold. He did a great job and stuck with us even though he was cold. A guy from my team gave him his fleece to wear so that helped. Anyway, I had a couple really great hits. I love playing sports again. My goal is to get back to my passion -- soccer. But I have to get more physically fit for that sport. I still feel like a "moose is loose on the field" when I run the bases. But I am getting there.

So, we are winding down. Bath, movie and bed for everyone. Hoping for a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment