Friday, February 17, 2012

Addicted to Pinterest!

I have a new addiction -- well it's actually not so new -- it's been about 7 or 8 months for me but is just really catching on now -- it's called Pinterest!  If you have never heard of Pinterest or have but aren't familiar with it, just think of it as a virtual bulletin board.  In the real world, when we find something we like - a picture, an idea, a project, we would "pin" it to our bulletin board.  Pinterst is just that but in the virtual world.  People from all over, publish links to the millions and millions of things found on the internet.  On Pinterest, these items are known as "Pins".  So when you see the thumbnail picture of an item, you can repin it to your virtual pin board and reference it later.  You can create as many boards as you like and categorize them however you like.  I have about 8-10 Boards and around 1800 pins.  So if I ever decide to get around to creating something I have seen on Pinterest, I go to the Board I want and search all my pins until I find the one little thumbnail picture that I want.  I click the picture and it takes me directly to the link on the internet where this item can be found. It's amazing and sooooo addicting!  I have the app on my iphone and get on Pinterest a few times a day searching for new pins.  I love to be creative.  The only problem is you get all these pins and think "one day I will make that" but in reality not sure you could ever get through them all.  So, my sister and Aunt and I decided to have a Pinterest Craft Day once a month!  We pick a date and a project and get together to CREATE!!  We got together last Sunday and each of us decided to make a wreath.  Liz and my Aunt made their's out of this deco mesh material -- they came out really cool!  Liz did one for St. Pat's Day and Aunt Debbie did hers for Easter.  I will definitely have to try that one next time.  I made an Easter wreath.  For my project, I actually took ideas from a few different projects and put them together.  This is what I came up with!


A fluffy Easter Bunny wreath!  (Sorry it's sideways, I tried to turn it around).  I used wreath forms and wrapped boas around each.  I added a little bow tie with eggs on it and added the ears from these silver sticks.  I have a few more embellishments to add -- I want to do a fluffy tail and I have some glittery eggs and a "Happy Easter" sign to attach!  Overall, I think its cute!  Not my favorite but it was a lot of fun getting together and crafting with two of my favorite people!!  Can't wait for our next Pinterest Crafting Day!!  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment