Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Date Night

Last Saturday, Jimmy and I got to have our first Date Night in a very long time! We have actually been getting togther with our friends Mike and Aimee at their house the past few Saturday nights but last Saturday we actually went out. We had thought about using Aimee's niece to babysit but after figuring it would cost us $40 to just pay the sitter, we thought maybe Alex was ready to sit at night with Olivia. He had watched her a few times over the summer while I was at work and Jimmy was busy so I knew he could handle it. But it would be the first time for a night time watch and I knew nighttimes could be a little scarier. But, he was up for the challenge. It amazes me that Olivia will listen to Alex when we aren't there and knows he is in charge but as soon as we step foot in the house, it's back to sibling rivalry!! Anyway, we met Mike and Aimee at a friend's bar. The bar was celebrating it's 3rd anniversary and had given it's guests free food -- Prime Rib, Chicken with Rice, Ham, Veggies, Salad, Rolls and Cupcakes!! Did I mention "free"? The Prime Rib was EXCELLENT!! A few other friends joined us after dinner for some darts. Aimee and Mike have a dart machine at their house -- and always play whenever friends come over. However, I am always recusing myself...not much of a fan. But they wouldn't let me out of it on Saturday. And you know, I really like darts now! It was fun. Jimmy is really good. After I had my turn, I asked him to give me some pointers. He said he couldn't teach me then, proceeds to go up for his turn and gets two bulls-eyes. WHAT? We had a great time and were home relatively early. Olivia was in bed watching a show. The mess was cleaned and lights were out! Alex did a great job. Hopefully this is something we can continue to do every once in awhile. It really is nice to get out as a couple now and then. And after waiting 11.5 years, I think I am ready for a social life again! LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. If they have to grow up, this is kindof fun isn't it? We started doing the same and isn't a nice feeling to see that they can do that and everything is ok? Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete