Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad's Birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! We celebrated his birthday on Sunday - along with Mother's Day and my Anniversary. I ended up not getting him a birthday card so opted instead to say these words. Usually, in any card I give my Dad, I put the words, "What I don't always say, is forever in my heart." So, this is for you Dad!


Dad, every year your birthday reminds me how grateful I am that you are my father. I'm thankful I get to watch you, to look up to you, being such a good example. What a privilege it is to observe your strengths, your competence and your love. I am so blessed to have been under your wing, your protection, your care, learning important lessons from you. I now use these lessons for my own children. But Dad, I don't always tell you when we share a special moment and it fills my heart with cheer. But, the memories are priceless. I don't always tell you how the love you give brightens every day that I live. I don't always tell you what's in my heart and that you are one of the most important parts. I don't always thank you for the many things you do or tell you how much I really love you. You are the first man I have ever loved. You are forever my Hero! So today Dad, I am saying what's in my heart...you mean the world to me! Happy Birthday! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment