Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving Along!

So things are moving along! For the past few weeks, I have been battling with various emotions which have lead me to blog very little. I apologize to those who were tired of seeing no new entries. I wanted to blog about what I was feeling but felt that surely my readers didn't want to hear about them. Well today, I thought I would write whether good or bad, I would write!

A few weeks ago, I was talking with the Director of Olivia's preschool, Miss Michelle. We were discussing the possibility of Olivia not being socially mature and that we may want to put her back in the 3-year old class rather than the 4-year old class. Olivia is right on the edge of the August 1 cut-off for Kindergarten so it's a hard decision. We both agreed that emotionally, she regressed a little over the summer rather than matured. When Miss Michelle first broached this subject, I was torn. I was so looking forward to her going to Ambrose next year with Alex and only having one tuition bill. I also felt like a failure...like I let Olivia down. I definitely want to do what is right for Olivia and not make her school years any harder than it has to be. Olivia is very smart and loves doing actual schoolwork. We decided to give the 4-year old class a 1 month trial to see if she behaved in class and was able to listen to the teacher. I talked with Miss Lisa yesterday and she feels that Olivia is doing remarkable. She feels it would be a mistake to hold her back that intellectually, she is ready for school. She assured me that we will see her mature more over the next couple of months. We have definitely been working with her on her attitude at home. I am sure it is tough being so little!! So, we still have a few more weeks of the trial but it seems like we are moving right along and I am going to be the Head Room Parent for her class.

Jimmy's procedure with getting into the Police Academy is also moving right along. After he passed all three components of the application process, they told the recruits that some of them may receive a letter indicating the process has ended for them and they are no longer being considered. Good news for Jimmy, his references have received their letters and everything is moving along. So we are waiting patiently and Jimmy is training for the Academy.

One thing that has not been moving right along is my weight loss. I didn't really want to discuss it here but it has been weighing heavily on my mind for months now. I feel like a complete failure!! After I lost 15lbs, things have stalled. I am really trying to get back on course. I keep thinking what was I doing before that made it seem so effortless? Where was I emotionally during those months? My weight has been an issue all my life and I hate it. While talking to my dear friend about this, she mentioned that I can't just fix the outside (which is what I have been focusing on), I need to fix the inside to and let myself feel that I am worth it. It's just so hard when you don't feel worth it. (See, this is part you probably didn't want to read about!)

I've discussed everyone here but Alex. I can't forget my baby boy! He has been doing so great! I am so proud of him. He is swimming 3 nights a week - 2 of those nights are for a competitive swim team. He loves it. He's also playing soccer. On top of this, he has been doing well in school. We are still working on the reading and soon he will start his Title 1 reading class. I am positive that will give him that extra nudge to reading better and stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment