Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Puddles

Because we have one vehicle now and with mine and Jimmy's different schedules, I have been walking. Jimmy takes me to work in the morning but then I take the metrolink and bus home. The bus lets out right at the beginning of my subdivision so I have a little walk to get home. The moments to myself on the metrolink, bus and walk home have been a saving grace for me. I get a little "alone" time. Something I haven't had in quite awhile. The weather has been nice so it's been pretty pleasant.

Well last night, Jimmy was working until midnight and therefore, I was without a car. Alex needed a haircut for school pictures and we needed a few grocery items. I decided me and the kids could walk to do these errands. They didn't seem to mind at all. Awesome!! So we started our trek to Custom Cuts, got Alex's haircut and then walked over to Shop N Save which is in the same plaza. As we were checking out, I heard one of the checkers announce that she left her umbrella in the car. A quick glance out the doors showed it was pouring down rain! Oh no!! The last thing I wanted to do was walk home in the rain. I figured we could wait it out. But after all our groceries were bagged and we walked out of the store, there was no more rain!! So began our trek home.

At first, Olivia would just barely tap the puddles she approached but as we got farther along, the puddles got bigger. It seemed she thought she would get in trouble if she jumped in the puddles so I told her to go ahead and even announced a really big puddle was up ahead. She jumped and jumped in those puddles. All the while, just laughing and laughing. These are the moments that make such great memories. If I could have bottled up her laugh, I would have! So sweet.

So despite the rain, our walk to run errands was worth it's weight in gold! I will always treasure these special moments with my babies! So fun!! I think we might just walk more often!!

1 comment: