Monday, August 9, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you are gonna get!

That phrase pretty much sums up how my life has been for the past year. It's been pretty crazy and just when I think things are returning to normal, another chocolate bursts throwing something new my way.

The new house is good. We love the neighborhood. However, we are still trying to get things organized. We just have too much "stuff". A garage sale will be in my near future! UGH!

Kids start their new schools next week. So happy for them, they are just so bored! Alex will get to go to school for the day on Wednesday for "Transition Day". I am so happy they do this. He is the kind of kid that has to know what is going to happen. No surprises. So hopefully this will help him transition better into middle school. Wow, middle school! How did this happen? Olivia is very anxious to start her big girl school. She gets to meet her teacher and see her classroom on Thursday. I am hoping she does well. She loves to learn but she also loves to do things her way. I was trying to prepare her the other day for what her day will be like and told her she will need a rest mat because they have to rest during the day. She informed me she was not going to rest. I got that feeling like "uh oh, I am going to find myself in the principals office with this one for sure!" So I told her all about needing to listen to her teacher and that if she didn't she would go to the principal's office and that that was not a good thing. We will see how this goes. Hopefully she will have a wonderful year! I am so happy that Olivia will be at the same school where Cousin Lori works...and hopefully she won't be too embarassed to say that she knows Olivia! HA HA!!

Some scary things are going on with Jimmy right now. All I can do is hope and pray! Feeling very defeated - the core of my being is just so sad right now. However, we both are so lucky to have such wonderful supportive friends and family. The only downfall is my best friend of over 20 years has stopped talking to me. She has shut me out of her life compeltely...no more facebook, no more websites she has. Just OUT! The only thing I can think of is because of this situation with Jimmy. I saddens me greatly. But I am trying to tell myself if she really was my true best friend, she would be here with me now when I need her the most. All I can do is move forward. Each day just one foot in front of the other.

Thank you to all who are by my side and sharing in my journey!

4 comments:

  1. So FINALLY you are really BACK!! Sounds like the kids are ready for school--as a teacher, that is what we HOPE for! Hope all goes well with whatever you are dealing with and I'll be thinking of you! Hooray--she's back!!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are doing okay. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to be able to see Olivia everyday. Just make sure she wears decent shoes. The kids go out to recess nd they have flip flops on and you wouldn't believe how often they get hurt.

    As for the friend? Really? That's just not nice!

    ReplyDelete