Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Olivia!

July 15th, 2004 at 9:13 a.m. Olivia Mary Louise Morgan arrived in this world via C-section. She had the most perfect round little face! I was so excited to have a girl. She already had so many cute dresses and outfits hanging in her closet. I just couldn't wait to play dress up with her!! Mother and Daughter. How exciting!

As the months wore on, Olivia's personality emerged. I always tell people that her being breech was an early indiction for me that this little one was going to be independent and stubborn. No going by the book for her. But, oh, how I love her so!!

She really is my sweet Angel. We definitely knock heads -- especially since I will admit that I a stubborn, type A, independent girl myself! But Olivia really melts my heart. She loves to cuddle and I just love when she does. These moments, I cherish.

So today, I celebrate her...my baby girl! As she turns one whole hand! This morning, I gently woke Olivia by singing her Happy Birthday and giving lots of kisses. She wasn't ready to wake up but once Jimmy mentioned presents in the bed, she was up like a flash of lightning. I got her a t-shirt that says Little Miss Stubborn and the little face is yelling "No" - couldn't resist. I also got her a swimsuit cover up for her weekly swim lessons. Now on to the good stuff. I got her a Dora book -- lately she has really been into reading and wanting to learn what the words say. Then she opened the Barbie. This is no ordinary Barbie -- oh no -- this is Tattoo Barbie. Comes with tattoos for you and for Barbie! Olivia immediately wanted a tattoo on -- so I obliged. When we got home from school, she put about 6 others on her arm. What a hoot!

So we got ready for school and ran to Schnucks to get her a cookie cake. She couldn't wait to share with her friends. Later that night when we were snuggling in bed, we talked about her day. She got to wear a crown all day and they put a candle in her cake and she got to blow it out. She showed me how she did it. Soooo cute!

After dinner, we decided to take her for a birthday treat. She chose ice cream so we took her to Ted Drewes. She picked a chocolate dipped cone and needless to say, it was everywhere. But what a way to celebrate your birthday than covered in ice cream! During out ice cream eating, Auntie called to wish her a Happy Birthday. As soon as Olivia heard Auntie's voice she proudly proclaimed that she is 5 now!! How incredibly adorable. She told Auntie all about her day! Then she talked to Uncle Bryan. Priceless.

So needless to say, my baby girl has a great birthday. And, I've had great days ever since she came into my life! Such a joy! Can't wait for the birthday party next weekend -- Aunt Christine is making her a Barbie cake. She is going to love it!!!

Happy 5th Birthday Olivia! Love you to moon and back!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, make me cry! How I love that little peanut. She definitely brightens our days and makes for some great laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she had such a wonderful birthday. With Amy getting married I keep thinking how fast the years go by. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for coming to the shower! It was so great to see you in the real world rather than the blog world (although I love the blog world too). AND THANK YOU for the generous gift. We actually had people over Tuesday night and everyone was able to eat off matching plates!

    ReplyDelete